Heavy-Duty Power from Chevy’s HD Trucks
With 401 horsepower and 464 lb.-ft. of torque on tap, the L8T crate engine is the largest-displacement LT-family engine in our lineup, offering plenty of low-rpm torque. Direct injection offers more precise fuel control than port injection, enabling a comparatively high compression ratio of 10.8:1 in the engine, which contributes to its high output.
It’s built with a forged steel crankshaft and other high-strength parts. Additional features such as oil-spray cooling for the pistons and a cast iron, long-skirt cylinder block with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps contribute to the engine’s strength and durability. Comes with production style exhaust manifolds.
Our L8T crate engine package comes complete from the throttle body to the oil pan, including the PCV tube, evap tube, oil dipstick and oil fill tube and cap. It does not include the controller, harness, oxygen sensors or a Front End Accessory Drive system. See Installation Notes below for recommendations.
• Engine is shipped with high-pressure direct-injection fuel pump installed
• Front End Accessory Drive system must be ordered separately and includes hydraulic power steering, with center pulley. Pulley-mounted fan not recommended
• Use Front End Accessory Drive system P/N 19433745 for applications with air conditioning and Front End Accessory Drive system P/N 19433746 for applications without air conditioning
• Includes 8-bolt flexplate for automatic transmissions
• Used with Engine Control kit 19433736 (must use 6L80 transmission). Includes programmed controller, wire harness, pedal, oxygen sensors and mounts, MAF, Fuel Line Pressure Sensor, and Fuel Pump Power Module (FPPM).
• Available in Connect & Cruise (with 6L80 transmission)
California Proposition 65 Warning