DRCE 3 Bare Block, Compacted Graphite25534406
Suggested Retail: $9369.34
BIG-BLOCK DRCE BLOCKS
Chevrolet Performance Big-Block DRCE (Drag Racing Competition Engine) blocks are the foundation of many of the most powerful Pro Stock drag racing engines. The DRCE family of engine blocks was specifically designed with 500-cubic-inch Pro Stock engines in mind. They are the latest evolution of Pro Stock engine design. In order to build optimum performance, the DRCE blocks have bore spacing that allows for the preferable big bore/short-stroke crankshaft combination. The camshaft has been raised and the distributor moved.
The big-bore design un-shrouds the heads, which means bigger valves can be used. The result is maximized air/fuel mixtures. All DRCE blocks are sold solid, without lifter holes or head bolt holes, so any GM Big-Block cylinder heads may be used. The DRCE blocks are available in either gray iron or compacted graphite (an extremely high-strength material that helps the block combat bore distortion and crank deflection under stress).
DRCE Block Technical Notes:
• CNC-machined to +/- 0.005" tolerance
• Siamese cylinder bores with 4.900" spacing
• No lifter bosses, solid bar can be drilled as required
• No head-bolt holes
• Numbers two and four main bearing bulkheads moved 0.060"
• Bellhousing bolt pattern accommodates Chevy and Pontiac/Olds transmissions
• Uses Big-Block Chevrolet crank, camshaft, balancer, flywheel and water pump
• Requires camshaft with distributor gear behind rear bearing
• Priority main oiling dry-sump system
• Dual starter mounting locations
• Front-engine mounts only
• Each block is supplied with sonic test data sheet
DRCE 3 Bare Block, Compacted Graphite
• CNC-machined compacted graphite material 4-bolt block
• 9.250" deck height, can be machined to 9.000"
• Camshaft raised to 7.067"
• Cam tunnel accommodates (9) 60mm cam bearings
• Cam tunnel is closed (no oil drain to rotating assembly)
• 4.590" semi-finished bore
• 4.700" max bore
• 2.500" crankshaft main journal
• 4-bolt steel doweled-after-assembly main caps, 22° splayed-on center three mains
• Highest-available quality main studs
• Oil pan rails spread to 12"
• Oil and water plugs are AN O-ring-style
• Tested to 1,400-plus horsepower!
•Part Number: 25534406
•Casting Number: CG
•Deck Height: 9.250"- 9.000"
•Fuel Pump Boss: No
•Cylinder Wall: Siamese
•Bore Range: 4.590" - 4.700"
•Main Bolt: 4
•Main Bolt Degree: 22°
•Cap Material: Steel
•Crank Journal Diameter : 2.500"
•Seal Type: 2 Piece
•Max Stroke: 4.600"
•Weight (lbs): N/A
•Max HP: 1400+