Tall Deck 572 Bowtie Sportsman Bare Block19432546
Suggested Retail: $4866.67
BOWTIE SPORTSMAN BLOCKS
Big-Blocks with big power are what you get when you select a Chevrolet Performance Bowtie Sportsman block for your drag racing or extreme street-performance application. These blocks comprise a full line of high-quality, precision-machined components based on performance-proven GM designs. The extensive lineup of blocks makes choosing the perfect block easy – and our quality and precision machining is second to none.
The blocks are CNC-machined, an automated process that guarantees precise tolerances. There are no approximations on these blocks– they’re exactly right, which is critical to obtaining maximum performance. Chevrolet Performance offers more CNC-machined blocks than anyone.
The highest-quality materials are used to cast our Sportsman Bowtie blocks. They are also available as tall decks, allowing you to make more cubic inches with larger-stroke crankshafts. These blocks can easily be bored and stroked to 500-or-more cubic inches. They can be fitted with one-piece or two-piece crankshaft seals for a smaller chance of oil leaks (one-piece seals) or more aftermarket components attachments (two-piece seals).
The Bowtie Sportsman blocks are available with splayed main caps, which have additional material holding the crankshaft in place. The caps are splayed at 16 degrees. Chevrolet Performance uses splayed main caps throughout the entire line of performance-built Big-Blocks.
Chevrolet Performance Bowtie Sportsman Blocks are ideal for drag racers or street machines where the goal is 800 horsepower and long-lasting reliability.
Bowtie Sportsman Block Technical Notes:
• Available in short deck (9.800") or tall deck (10.200") configurations
• Blocks have clearance for 4.500" stroke crankshafts
• CNC-machined to +/- .005" tolerance
• Siamese cylinder bores
• Bore finishes are ready to hone to size
• Machined for mechanical fuel pump
• Machined for hydraulic roller and flat tappets
• Nodular iron 4-bolt main caps splayed 16° on the three center mains
• Priority main oiling system
• Blocks with a 1-piece Rear Main Seal use the 6-bolt, Gen VI-style front cover (P/N 10230954) and Gen VI-style oil pan
• Blocks with a 2-piece Rear Main Seal use the 10-bolt, Mark IV-style front cover and Mark IV-style oil pan
Tall Deck 572 Bowtie Sportsman Bare Block
• 1-piece rear main seal
• Uses Mark IV style front cover and oil pan mounting
• CNC-machined cast-iron 4-bolt block
• 4.560" fully honed bore
• 4.600" max bore
• Powder coated Chevy orange
• 5 windage tray bolts installed
• Tested to 800 horsepower!
• This is the block used for our 572 engines
•Part Number: 19212195
•Casting Number: 24502506B
•Deck Height: 10.200"
•Fuel Pump Boss: Yes
•Cylinder Wall: Siamese
•Bore Range: 4.560" - 4.600"
•Main Bolt: 4
•Main Bolt Degree: 16°
•Cap Material: Nodular
•Crank Journal Diameter : 2.750"
•Seal Type: 1 Piece
•Max Stroke: 4.500"
•Weight (lbs): 263
•Max HP: 800