> Instruction Link
Designed to Dominate the Drag Strip!
Don’t wait weeks, or even months, for a custom drag racing engine. With 727 horsepower and 680 lb.-ft. of torque, the amazing ZZ572/720R is capable of pulling your bracket racer or gasser drag car down the drag strip. We deliver it fully assembled. You simply bolt on the included Dominator-style 1150-cfm carburetor, along with a starter and fuel pump (not included) and you’re ready to go!
The engine assembly is all business, starting with a brand-new, latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps and an all-forged rotating assembly for exceptional strength and durability. A unique mechanical roller camshaft with 0.714/0.714-inch lift and 278/282-degree duration specifications complements high-flow aluminum rectangular-port cylinder heads with massive 310cc intake passages, 118cc raised exhaust ports and 118cc combustion chambers, moving big air through the engine efficiently to make huge power.
Part Number: 19201334
Engine Type: Chevy Tall Deck Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu. in.): 572
Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.560 x 4.375
Block (P/N 19212195): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 88961554): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 88963227): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Mechanical roller
Camshaft Lift (in.): .714 intake / .714 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 278° intake / 282° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 88961160): Aluminum rectangular port, 118-cc chambers
Valve Size (in.): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 12:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12361323): Aluminum, roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 10093387): Electronic ignition
Carburetor (P/N 19170096): 1150-cfm Dominator
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
Recommended Fuel: 110-octane race gas
Ignition Timing: Base 8° BTDC, 36° Total Maximum
Recommended rpm: 6750
- Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer
- Clutch linkage boss is now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
- Requires addition of starter, ignition coil, and fuel pump (not included)
- Gen VI tall-deck block has machined mechanical fuel pump boss
- Comes with a 14-inch automatic transmission flexplate. Requires internally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications
- Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Big sticky slicks will help hook up this monster
This is a Chevrolet Performance product.
This Chevrolet Performance Racing Crate Engine is purpose-built for racing only, and has no warranty.
California Proposition 65 Warning