> Instruction Link
VINTAGE STYLE AND MODERN PERFORMANCE
Chevrolet Performance’s unique Ram Jet 350 combines the classic look of the original Rochester mechanical injection system with the dependability and optimized performance of contemporary port fuel injection. It’s the perfect combination for a resto-mod hot rod, producing 345 hp and 396 lb.-ft. of torque, to get down the highway!
A cast-iron engine block is matched with a durable rotating assembly that delivers a pump-gas-friendly 9.0:1 compression ratio, as well as a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft that complements power delivery with a great idle quality. The engine’s unique intake manifold and plenum is 9.75 inches tall, offering plenty of clearance to fit under the hood of most vehicles without modifications.
The Ram Jet 350 crate engine kit includes a MEFI 4 engine controller, wiring harness and a detailed instruction guide to make adding this retro-style EFI system a complete DIY project. Additional components are required, including a high-pressure fuel pump and front-end accessory drive system.
Part Number: 12499120 New Updated Version 19355815
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 350
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
Block: Cast-iron with 2-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10243070): Cast-iron
Connecting Rods (P/N 10108688): Powdered metal steel
Pistons (P/N 12571703): Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 14097395): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .431 intake / .451 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 196° intake / 206° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12528913): Vortec iron; 64cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 1.940 intake / 1.500 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1 nominal
Rocker Arms (P/N 19210728): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,200
Intake Manifold (P/N 12498032): Ram Jet PFI design
• Comes with externally balanced, manual transmission flywheel; change to externally balanced flexplate for automatic transmission applications.
• Installer to supply 12-volt power source and fuel pump
• See instructions for fuel pump recommendation
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
• IMPORTANT! For a safe, proper and trouble-free engine break-in, the MEFI 4 computer has a “green” mode that controls rpm during the break-in period. During this period, engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm in the first hour, 4,500 rpm in the second hour and 5,200 rpm in the third hour
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile/80,000-kilometer limited warranty.
California Proposition 65 Warning