> Instruction Link
EMISSIONS-LEGAL STROKER FOR TRUCKS
Chevrolet Performance’s HT383E crate engine is an affordable and more powerful direct replacement for the tired 350 engine in your 1996-99 full-size GM truck or SUV. The larger displacement delivers up to 323 hp at 4,200 rpm and a whopping 444 lb.-ft. of torque. It is extra power you won’t get with a stock-type rebuild or reconditioned used engine.
Like our standard HT383, this crate engine starts with a cast-iron block with four-bolt main caps, a forged steel crankshaft, a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft and a set of iron Vortec heads. Its 9.1:1 compression ratio is perfect for regular gasoline at all altitudes and engine loads. It also includes a new distributor, water pump and other components that would need to be replaced during a rebuild.
The HT383E is designed to replace the L31 5.7-liter engine in half-ton models of the Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra and Yukon. Simply swap the intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifolds and other accessories from the original 350.
Part Number: 19332531
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 383
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.005 x 3.800
Block (P/N 88962516): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12489436): 4340 forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19332460): Heavy-duty PM steel
Pistons (P/N 12499103): Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 14097395): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .431 intake / .451 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 196° intake / 206° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12558060): Vortec iron; 64cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 1.940 intake / 1.500 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Water Pump (P/N 89060527): Cast-iron
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,000
Flexplate (P/N 14088765): 12.750"
• Requires the reuse of the stock intake manifold, wiring harness, and fuel injection system
• Due to calibration variances between half, three-quarter- and one-ton vehicles, this engine is designed for half-ton trucks and SUVs only
• This engine is not emissions-legal in CA or states that have adopted CA emissions regulations
• Comes with 12.750" externally balanced 153-tooth automatic transmission flexplate. Requires externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission.
• Has right-side dipstick
• Not available as a Partial Engine
• Performance recalibration of OEM ECU will significantly increase torque and horsepower
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile/80,000-kilometer limited warranty.
California Proposition 65 Warning