OUR BEST CRATE ENGINE VALUE DELIVERS ALL YOU EXPECT IN A POWERFUL SMALL-BLOCK!
The most affordable Cheverolet Performance Small-Block crate engine is also our best seller – and it’s easy to understand why. The 350/290 Base Small-BIock features four-bolt mains for strength and makes a great economical alternative to rebuilding a tired, two-bolt main core. Use it to re-power your daily driver or drop it in your budget Camaro project!
Inside the 350/290 Base are quality parts, including a camshaft and durable aluminum pistons that squeeze an 8.5:1 compression ratio. We offer the 350/290 in a base form, allowing you to add the induction and other accessories. That’s great for builders swapping over the intake manifold, carburetor and other components when re-powering a vehicle.
Chevrolet Performance has all the components to build up the 350/290 Base into a high-performance, great-looking street engine, too – from an aluminum intake and carburetor (we recommend the 670-cfm Holley four-barrel, P/N 19170092) to the distributor, water pump and more. Save the time and hassle of rebuilding your old engine by ordering the 350/290 Base and finishing it to your own specifications.
Part Number: 12499529 / 19355658
Engine Type: Chevy Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 350
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.480
Block (P/N 10066034): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 93426651): Nodular iron
Connecting Rods (P/N 10108688): Powdered metal steel
Pistons (P/N 93422884): Cast-aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 3896962): Hydraulic flat tappet
Camshaft Lift (in): .450 intake /.460 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 222° intake / 222° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 93438649): Iron; 76cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.5:1
Recommended Fuel: Regular pump
Ignition Timing: 34° Total @ 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,100
• Use neutral balance harmonic damper P/N 12551537
• Use internally balanced flexplate P/N 471529 for automatic transmission or flywheel P/N 14085720 for manual transmission(not included)
• Power ratings based on tests with Holley 670-cfm carburetor P/N 19170092 (not included)
• Does not accept Chevrolet Performance roller lifter assemblies
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
• See the Valve Covers section for selection of chrome, polished and aluminum valve covers
• Pre-1986-style 2-piece rear main seal block
• Recommended for use in vehicles with 6,000 GVW or less
Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines include a 24-month or 50,000-mile/80,000-kilometer limited warranty.
California Proposition 65 Warning