ALUMINUM HEADS ADD BIG POWER!
Our engineers took the tough 454 HO and matched it with a set of higher-flow, oval-port aluminum cylinder heads to pick up an additional 30 horses – while still delivering an awesome 519 lb.-ft. of torque. It’s an affordable highperformance Big-Block for your project vehicle!
Aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with 2.19/1.88-inch valves process the airflow through this big-power Big-Block and save weight over iron heads. They’re mounted on our latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps, which is filled with an all-forged rotating assembly for exceptional strength and durability. There’s also a high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft for excellent drivability and a broad performance range.
The crate engine package includes a water pump, balancer, aluminum intake manifold and a 14-inch flexplate. Your Chevrolet Performance dealer can hook you up with the carburetor, starter, ignition system and other accessories required to get this big-power Big-Block up and running.
Part Number: 19331574
Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 454
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.250 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 14096983): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel
Pistons (P/N 10215228): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 19331424): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12675724): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Ignition Timing: 36° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
Intake Manifold (P/N 12363420): Dual Plane
• Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel pump, distributor and ignition system (not included)
• Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
• Comes with an externally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate; use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11" clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.