LIGHTWEIGHT, HIGH-RPM LS POWER!
Chevrolet Performance’s deep-breathing, high-revving CT525 6.2L crate engine is based on the LS engine family and delivers serious power for serious racing series, including Super Late Model and modifieds.
It is similar to the 6.2L LS3, but we’ve adapted it to circle track racing with a carbureted intake manifold, 6-quart racing oil pan and more. The engine is lightweight and strong, using an aluminum block with cross-bolted 6-bolt main caps and high-flow LS3 rectangular-port cylinder heads. This combination produces 533 hp at 6,600 rpm and a hefty 477 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm.
The CT525 6.2L comes with coil-on-plug ignition, and an SFI-certified balancer. All that’s needed to complete the assembly is a carburetor, starter and our LSX ignition controller P/N 19171130 – all available from Chevrolet Performance.
Part Number: 19331563
Engine Type: LS-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 376 (6.2L)
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.065 x 3.62 (103.25 x 92mm)
Block (P/N 12623967): Cast-aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12597569): Nodular Iron
Connecting Rods (P/N 12649190): Powdered metal
Pistons (P/N 19207287): Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 88958770): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .525 intake / .525 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 226° intake / 236° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12629063): LS3 rectangular port; aluminum as-cast with 68cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.165 intake / 1.590 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 10.7:1 Nominal
Rocker Arms (P/N 12669995 int): Investment-cast, roller trunnion
Rocker Arms (P/N 12669993 exh): Investment-cast, roller trunnion
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Reluctor Wheel: 58x
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,700
• Use LSX ignition controller P/N 19171130 (not included)
• Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel system, exhaust system, and front accessory drive system
• The 6-quart circle track oil pan is designed to clear most GM rear-steer chassis with stock engine location. Requires external oil filter and cooler (will increase capacity to approximately 8 quarts)
• For Circle Track Racing only – Not intended for street use.
• The CT525 does not include a water pump or factory exhaust manifolds
• Circle Track racing engines from Chevrolet Performance include anti-tampering seals installed
Chevrolet Performance Racing Crate Engines are excluded from limited warranty.
California Proposition 65 Warning