TURBOCHARGED EXCITEMENT IN A SMALL PACKAGE
Used in many performance sedans throughout General Motors’ global portfolio, the LTG 2.0L Turbocharged four-cylinder is one of the most power-dense engines in the industry. And thanks to advanced technologies, such as direct injection, it is a surprisingly efficient performer. It’s a great choice for custom tuner cars or to make a statement in your hot rod, with its compact – and lightweight – capabilities.
The LTG is rated at 272 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 295 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 rpm. Its torque curve is broad and robust, delivering 90 percent (260 lb.-ft.) of its peak torque from 1,700 rpm to 5,500 rpm – for a great feeling of immediate power at all speeds. Peak torque is sustained from 3,000 to 4,600 rpm.
The turbocharger generates up to 20 pounds of boost and its twin-scroll design helps optimize the usable power from the engine, virtually eliminating turbo lag and helping deliver a broad power band. Electronically controlled supporting components, including the wastegate and bypass, help optimize performance and efficiency.
Additional engine features include:
• Aluminum engine block with cast-in-place iron liners
• Forged steel crankshaft
• Pistons with jet-spray cooling
• Modular balance shaft system in the oil pan
• Rotocast aluminum cylinder head with sodium-filled exhaust valves
• Dual overhead camshafts with continuously variable valve timing
• Direct injection with cam-driven high-pressure fuel pump
• Two-stage variable-displacement oil pump
• Assembly shipped with flywheel and clutch assembly (installed) – P/N 19328837
• Engine kit does not include electroincs
• Not intended for marine applications
NOTE: Use with Chevrolet Performance engine controller kit P/N 19328839, for manual transmission applications only. Fabrication is required to incorporate a charge cooler for the air-to-air intercooling system. A high-pressure fuel pump suitable for direct injection is also required.