- Engines shipped with high-pressure direct-injection fuel pump installed
- Assembly does not include any electronics
- Kit includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU
- Intended for pre-1995 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
- Not intended for marine applications
- Front-End Accessory Drive Kit can be ordered separately
- 8-bolt crankshaft flange
- Shipped with 14” flexplate
To facilitate a complete E-ROD installation, the builder will need to source additional components to complete the assembly and get the vehicle running, including:
• Fuel tank
• Fuel lines (re-circulating or returnless)
• Fuel pump – 58 psi (400 kPa) for LC9 and LS3 or 65 psi (450 kPa) for LSA
• Fuel tank vent line from the tank to the evaporative emissions canister
• Purge line from the canister to the engine purge solenoid
• Air induction system that incorporates the mass airflow sensor
• Exhaust system behind the catalytic converters.
All E-ROD engines require a front-end accessory drive system suitable to the vehicle. The instruction manual included with each kit offers recommendations for the accessory drive kit, as well as the transmission, gear ratios and more. Chevrolet offers several configurations of accessory drive systems to suit different applications; and each allows the installer to easily delete air conditioning.
Chevrolet Performance recommends the LS1 Engine Installation Guide P/N 88959384, which illustrates basic procedures and offers helpful tips on installing an LS engine into older vehicles.
E-ROD systems do not come with a transmission. Chevrolet Performance recommends the SuperMatic™ 4L70-E – P/N 19244043 – four-speed automatic overdrive transmission, along with Chevrolet Performance’s SuperMatic™ transmission controller P/N 19257634, for LC9 and LS3 systems. The LSA, with higher torque output, should use the SuperMatic™ 4L85-E, P/N 19300175, along with the SuperMatic™ transmission controller, P/N 19302410.
*GM automatic transmissions are typically equipped with 40-tooth reluctor wheels for vehicle speed sensor output. GM late-model manual transmissions are typically equipped with a 17-tooth reluctor wheel. The Chevrolet Performance T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual (P/N 19329795) is equipped with a 40-tooth reluctor wheel.