PRODUCTION CYLINDER BLOCKS
The LS-Series cylinder block is the foundation for the serious performance achievements that are driving a new generation of street and racing enthusiasts. Features include a deep-skirt casting (the block side extends below the crankshaft centerline); 6-bolt cross-bolted main caps, strong and lightweight aluminum alloy casting (most production blocks) and provisions for the latest in engine control management. The cam-in-block configuration brings inherent torque to every LS engine, with production-based blocks capable of supporting combinations of 500 horsepower or more. The Corvette ZR1’s unique 6.2L block, for example, supports the engine’s 638-horsepower rating. Chevrolet Performance’s high-performance iron LSX cylinder block supports more than 2,000 forced-induction horses!
Whether you’re building a mild street engine or an Outlaw racing engine, starting with a strong LS cylinder block brings the assurance that you’ll make the power you need with a durable foundation.
LS3/L92 Aluminum 6.2L Bare Block
• Direct replacement for:
• Production aluminum block with iron sleeves
• Production oiling system
• Forged powered metal 6-bolt main bearing caps
• 9.240" deck height
• Use only LS1, LS6, LS2, L92/LS3-style cylinder heads
• 4.065" finished bore (103.25mm)
• Provisions for Active Fuel Management
• Great for stroker cranks for even more cubes
• Tested to over 500 horsepower!r
California Proposition 65 Warning