PRODUCTION CYLINDER BLOCKS
The LS-Series cylinder block is the foundation for the serious performance achievements that are driving a new generation of street and racing enthusiasts. Features include a deep-skirt casting (the block side extends below the crankshaft centerline); 6-bolt cross-bolted main caps, strong and lightweight aluminum alloy casting (most production blocks) and provisions for the latest in engine control management. The cam-in-block configuration brings inherent torque to every LS engine, with production-based blocks capable of supporting combinations of 500 horsepower or more. The Corvette ZR1’s unique 6.2L block, for example, supports the engine’s 638-horsepower rating. Chevrolet Performance’s high-performance iron LSX cylinder block supports more than
2,000 forced-induction horses!
Whether you’re building a mild street engine or an Outlaw racing engine, starting with a strong LS cylinder block brings the assurance that you’ll make the power you need with a durable foundation.
LS9 6.2L Bare Block
• Direct replacement for 2009-2012 Corvette ZR1 6.2L supercharged engine
• Production cast-aluminum block with iron sleeves
• Deck plate honed
• Production oiling system
• 6-bolt steel main bearing caps with dowel pins
• 9.240" deck height
• Not for use with LS7 or LSX/LS7 heads
• 4.065" finished bore (103.25mm)
• Includes oil squirters (8) for piston cooling
• No provision for Active Fuel Management
• Rated for more than 635 horsepower