ALUMINUM RACE BLOCKS
Less weight and the same great horsepower are the benefits of a Chevrolet Performance Aluminum Race Block. Chevrolet Performance Aluminum Race Blocks provide the same competition level strength and reliability of our cast-iron Race Blocks, but their lighter weight improves chassis dynamics. The super-tough A-356 aluminum competition blocks are CNC-machined to +/- 0.001-inch tolerances. Chevrolet Performance Aluminum Race Blocks are ideal for road racing applications or high horsepower turbocharged engines.
Chevrolet Performance Aluminum Race Block Technical Notes:
• Extra-thick deck surfaces with blind-tapped head bolt holes for improved head gasket sealing
• Centrifugally spun cast-iron cylinder sleeves
• 2-piece rear-main crankshafts and pre-1986 oil pans required
• Enlarged cam bosses allow machining for larger cam bearings
• 2.000" O.D. (1.867" I.D.) cam bearings P/N 12370843 required
• Blocks may require clearancing at top of lifter bores (0.842") for some roller lifters
• Timing system clearance should be checked before engine assembly
• Extra-thick main bearing bulkhead machined at 5°
• Premium main studs and steel main bearing caps
• Priority main oiling system
• Billet wet sump rear main cap can be converted to dry sump with plugs
• Oil dipstick holes not drilled
• Comes with dowel pins
400 Aluminum Bare Block
• A-356 aluminum competition block
• Siamesed bores with increased wall thickness
• 4.117" rough-finished bore
• 4.135" maximum bore
• 3.750" maximum stroke
• Splayed 4-bolt steel mains
• 400 main size
• Dry sump use only
• Tested to more than 800 horsepower!
•Part Number: 10134400
•Casting Number: 10134398
•Deck Height: 9.025"
•Lifter Pattern: Standard
•Cylinder Wall: Siamese
•Bore Range: 4.117" - 4.135"
•Main Bolt: 4
•Main Bolt Degree: 20°
•Cap Material: Steel
•Crank Journal Size: 400
•Seal Type: 2 Piece
•Max Stroke: 3.750"
•Weight (lbs): 89
•Max HP: 800
California Proposition 65 Warning