19244043 NEW SuperMatic™ 4L70-E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
GM Suggested Retail: $2870.00
Greater performance with enhanced efficiency is the cornerstone
of a growing movement in environmentally conscious hot-rodding.
One of the best ways to improve drivability and drastically improve
the efficiency of your street rod, resto-mod muscle car or classic
truck is installing a modern, electronically controlled automatic
The new GM Performance Parts SuperMatic 4L70-E transmission
– P/N 19244043 - is designed to complement high-performance
engines with exceptional efficiency, strength and the shift
characteristics enthusiasts demand.
Based on the renowned Hydra-Matic 4L60 series of four-speed
overdrive transmissions, the 4L70-E delivers greater torque carrying
capacity and increased durability - and it's built with the highest
quality OEM parts. It is designed for engines making up to 480
Construction and feature highlights include:
* A 13-vane pump with a heat-treated stator support
* Five-pinion input and reaction carriers
* High-performance 2/4 servo
* Heat-treated sun shell
* Heavy-duty low roller clutch assembly
To further increase the performance and long term durability,
GMPP upgraded the 3-4 clutch pack and installed a high-energy
2-4 band. Power loss is diminished with the use of needle
bearing assemblies and associated components, which replace
conventional thrust washers.
The new SuperMatic 4L70-E is the perfect complement to a GMPP
crate engine, forming a bulletproof powertrain for any four-wheeled
project you can dream up.
SuperMatic™ 4L70-E Four-Speed Automatic Transmission
* Based on the 4L60-E/4L65-E
* Increased horsepower and torque capacity
* Features five-pinion gearsets, heat-treated stator shaft splines,
induction-hardened turbine shaft, seven-plate clutch and specific
* Gear ratios: 1st: 3.06, 2nd: 1.62, 3rd: 1.00, 4th: 0.70
* Torque converter not included
NOTE: Use with electronic controller P/N 19212657.